Bryan Padgett’s passion is litigation and the adrenaline rush that comes from being in front of a judge and jury.
Whether he’s managing his own insurance defense caseload of first-party no-fault, third-party automobile negligence, premises liability, and other personal injury claims, or assisting his colleagues with their cases, he looks for every opportunity to be in the courtroom.
Bryan earned his undergraduate degree in political theory and constitutional democracy from Michigan State University’s James Madison College. He then went on to law school at the University of Detroit Mercy, where he was a moot court standout and served as the executive director of external competitions for the Moot Court Board of Advocates and vice president of the International Law Society, and received the Ferd J. & Lottie Chmielnicki Dean’s Scholarship for academic achievement.
To supplement his law school classroom learning, Bryan secured internships with two other recognized law firms in Detroit and a clerkship with Judge Edward A. Servitto, Jr. of the Macomb County Circuit Court, and participated as a court-approved mediator in the UDM Mediation Clinic.
Bryan has been named as a Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2013, a testament to his skills, results, and professionalism. He is also an adjunct professor at University of Detroit Mercy Law School, where he teaches Advanced Advocacy.
- University of Detroit Mercy Law School, Juris Doctor, 2009
- Recipient, Ferd J. & Lottie Chmielnicki Dean’s Scholarship
- Executive Director of External Competitions, Moot Court Board of Advocates
- Vice President, International Law Society
- Michigan State University, James Madison College, Bachelor of Arts,
Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan
Insurance & Indemnity Law, Litigation, Negligence, and Young Lawyers Sections
- Oakland County Bar Association
Member, Inns of Court, 2011
- Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Michigan State Court Administrative Office
Civil Facilitative Mediator
- “Discussion on Medical Provider Rings,” Insurance Institute of Michigan Annual Claims Seminar, September 2015
- “The Affordable Care Act and What it Means for No-Fault,” Insurance Institute of Michigan Annual Claims Seminar, September 2014
- “Using Knowledge of Attorney and Provider Rings to Get the Other Side to Walk Away,” Insurance Institute of Michigan, Annual Claims Seminar, September 2016