April Moore is an aggressive and dedicated litigator who leaves no stone unturned.
Her practice focuses on the defense of complex tort matters, insurance fraud, health care subrogation, ERISA, and first-party no-fault and third-party automobile negligence cases.
A lifelong learner, April earned her undergraduate degree, with honors, in management and information systems from the University of Michigan, during which time she spent a semester abroad studying in Hong Kong and was a graduate assistant for an anthropology course, even though she was still an undergraduate. She went on to earn her law degree, cum laude, from Wayne State University, completing the program a semester early despite being active in two legal aid clinics, writing for the law school’s newspaper, studying overseas with the late U.S. Supreme Court Justice William H. Rehnquist, and contributing to a handbook on prisoners’ rights.
April has a reputation for taking on the toughest cases, diving deep into the facts and law to achieve the best possible results for her clients. The more obscure and difficult the case, the more motivated she is to figure out the right position and strategy for winning.
Outside of the office, April is an avid and accomplished kayaker and world traveler, and devotes time to the Milford Historical Society.
- Wayne State University Law School,
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2005
- Journalist, The Advocate
- Member, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- Member, Women’s Law Caucus
- Volunteer, Child Advocacy and Criminal Appellate Practice Clinics
- Tulane University Law School,
- Study abroad program, Summer 2004
- Constitutional Law study with the late Hon. William H. Rehnquist of the U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Michigan,
Bachelor of Business Administration in Management and Information Systems, with honors, 2002
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Anthropology
- Study abroad program in Hong Kong, Spring 2002
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan
Health Care Law, Insurance & Indemnity Law, and Negligence Sections
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Association of Defense Trial Counsel
Volunteer, Charitable & Community Organizations
- Member, Milford Historical Society
- Detroit Public Schools – Motivational speaker on the importance of education and careers in the law (2006-10)
- “Using Knowledge of Attorney and Provider Rings to Get the Other Side to Walk Away,” Insurance Institute of Michigan, Annual Claims Seminar, September 2016